The platform provides access to family-wide siRNAs collections, as well as chemical compound libraries, which can be reliably track a large panel of cell biology parameters (cell cycle, polarity, migration, organelle integrity, translocation events…). The effect of small molecules resume that will land you interviews or knockdown of specific genes can then be evaluated with an unparalleled level of finesse.
What BioPhenics can do for you :
- Development of cell-based assays for large-scale identification of protein markers of a physiological or functional status of therapeutic response.
- Analysis of phenotypic profiles of genes and chemical libraries based on their diagnostic or therapeutic interest.
- Identification of bio-active molecules, even though they do not present an immediately exploitable therapeutic effect (molecular tools).
- Identification of new targets in their appropriate cellular models.
What we cannot do for you :
- Know your phenotype better than you do,
- Screen only a few compounds (siRNAs or chemicals) using multiple phenotypes.
Our staff is highly experienced in a wide range of technical applications for both generating and analyzing data. We work closely with our research partners to develop solutions that help you to achieve your experimental goals.
This process is collaboration, and the platform team will be co-authors on publications that comes out of your screens. Not the whole BioPhenics team will sign but it would not be undue that two persons co-sign.
Can members of my laboratory participate in the execution of screening protocols?
Yes. We welcome the involvement of investigators from our collaborators’ teams throughout the process of preparing assays, particularly postdoctoral scientists who are interested in learning more about the principles of high-content screening.
Including researchers with expertise in the behavior of the specific biological systems being studied helps us to implement our protocol most effectively and to understand the results that we see. This also offers a valuable educational benefit for junior researchers who work with us, helping them to understand how screening can benefit research in their chosen areas of investigation.